Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Baby Drums, Docs and more

While the three of us were in Nashville, Jesse wanted to visit his second favorite drum shop where he purchased Emery's birthday gift...a miniature drum set. It's really cute because it's a actual real drum set just really small! He loves it. He knows exactly what to do with it. He crawls up to it, grabs a stick, puts it in his hand the correct way and goes crazy! Since the holidays Emery has been sick with mostly a runny nose, cough and a few times had a fever. I went to a couple of pediatricians who saw him for five minutes and each time prescribed him several antibiotics. Viruses have been going around so I always assumed that's what it was but by the time February came around and he was still not well I looked into it more. I talked to a friend of mine who had their kids tested through biofeedback and had great results. It's a fancy machine that reads radio frequencies. Everything on earth has a unique frequency and this machine reads human frequencies and records what is going on in our bodies. I took Emery a week or so ago and found out he is highly allergic to cows milk. Not only that but he's also slightly allergic to every other milk except for goats milk and rice milk. I had a feeling something was going on with milk and this confirmed it. Ever since I've given him goats milk and avoided several other things his runny, stuffy nose is gone, his wet cough is gone, his cheeks aren't rosy, his happiness is back...he is so much better! I can even tell a difference when I accidentally give him something on the list of sensitives. Some of the information the machine was reading on him was so specific and things only I would know about him. I went back for myself and it was even more impressive how much it read about my health and affirmed issues I have. The ladies that run it are very informative and give really good advice. It was more thorough than any doctor's appointment I've ever been to. Move over clinic, I've got something better! I have been reading this book called Radical Homemakers. The first part is a little repetitive but overall it's great. The author herself escaped a fast paced career path for a farm lifestyle in rural New York state. She explains how our culture has tricked us into thinking our lifestyle should be work, consume, work, consume. I can think of a few families myself who live to pay the bills and they don't think there is a way out. There's no other choice but for both husband and wife to work. Or if you don't work outside your dwelling, you're lazy. But there is a way of life that doesn't need so much and is more freeing. There has been a lot of transition from the homemaker 100 years ago to the homemaker. Sadly it has developed into a meaningless daily life of being a chauffeur and consumer. This is basically as far as I've gotten in the book... I agree with most of the ideas she has and it makes me want to inherit knowledge that our great grandmothers had as homemakers. I'm still deciding but I just don't think I'm the type of person who can work at home all the time but I also don't think I'm the type that can work full time either. A lot of skills we should know like making broth from chicken bones, gardening and canning fresh produce for the winter has escaped this generation. At our new house we have a large, flat, sunny backyard. And I may or may not have a garden by this summer:) I'll eat veggies and tators any day over take out!

No comments:

Post a Comment